What is consent?
Consent means free agreement of your own free will. Circumstances in which a person does not freely agree include when:
- a person submits because of force, or is afraid of the use of force
- a person submits because of being held captive
- a person is asleep, unconscious, or so intoxicated or under the influence of another drug as to be incapable of freely agreeing
- a person does not understand the sexual nature of the act
- a person is mistaken about the sexual nature of the act or about who the person is who is performing it;
- a person believes mistakenly that the act is being performed for medical or hygiene purposes